New Recipe of the Week: Baked Southwest Chipotle Eggrolls... SO GOOD!!!

| |
(Just a disclaimer... I started writing this like 3 or 4 weeks ago.  That is how crazy life has been in our Larson home!)

You know, through this whole "trying new recipes" thing, I have realized that about 50% of the recipes are just "meh..." and 30% are good, and 20% are AMAZING!!  You know what I mean...  I tried 4 new recipes in the last two weeks, and honestly there is only one I will actually add into our "Favorites" recipe book.  Even Ryan LOVED them, and because my poor husband works graveyard, and I didn't get these out of the oven in time, he had to eat them re-heated the next morning (his dinnertime).  The first thing he said to me this morning was, "You were right.  Those eggrolls were really good!"  SUCCESS!!

Now, my husband and I have come up with a system for rating the meals I make.  I really like it, and I am so glad I came up with the idea, because honestly, it gets frustrating not fully understanding if my husband REALLY likes a meal, or if he is just being nice.  I mean, honestly, I don't think he has ever DISliked a meal I made, but I would really like to get to the point where everything I make is on the "Really Like" end of the spectrum for both of us!  The rating system is pretty basic, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being "OMG, this is almost as amazing as Corned Beef and Cabbage!", and 1 being "please don't ever mention this meal, let alone make it, ever again."

I am happy to say these babies were a "9"!  Yep, that is how good they were!  I'm not sure if I've told you all how much my husband likes Corned Beef and Cabbage, but to him it is like an "11"!  He was born on St Patty's Day, so I think there's an emotional attachment as well, since his mom used to make Corned beef and cabbage for him every birthday!

Anyway, back to the recipe!  I found this amazing recipe on "Mel's Kitchen Cafe".  I know I've mentioned this before, but I absolutely love her blog.  She tries to be as healthy as possible, but she doesn't give you ridiculous recipes that take 4 hours to make.  ANyway, here is the link:

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/10/baked-southwest-egg-rolls-with-creamy-chipotle-dipping-sauce.html

Promise me you will make this!  Eat it, love it, and share it if you can! :)

-Cindi

0 comments:

Post a Comment