Finally starting to catch up... And a new recipe!

| |
I am finally starting to catch up with my life.  I know what you're thinking... "How do you get behind in your own life?"  Well, let me tell ya... I happen to be the queen of procrastination.  No matter how hard I try, I just can't get ahead on things.  Until now.  I am finally starting to catch up with organizing my house, and I have finally started getting Thank you notes done for my wedding.  I've been making a lot of yummy meals, (and some not so yummy, some recipes I've found really aren't very good, but it does teach me to improvise, which is good)

My favorite recipe so far would have to be Cafe Rio Burritos.  It's super yummy, and I've been given a really yummy recipe for their dressing!  The pork tastes more like Costa Vida's, but I have a friend who's friend worked at Cafe Rio, and gave me the recipe, but something had to be missing, because it tasted similar, but I really didn't like it.  The dressing is dead on though, so I wanted to share! Anyway, here is the recipe, it's pretty easy.  I hope you all like it!

 Cafe Rio Pork

3 lbs Pork Roast
8 oz Mild salsa
12 oz Coke
1 C Brown Sugar
     Cook pork on high in crock pot with water for 4 hours
     Drain water, shred pork into big chunks, mix salsa, coke, and sugar together
     Pour sauce mixture over pork
     Cook 4 more hours on high

Tomatillo Dressing

16 oz La Victoria Green Salsa
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Mayo (light if you can)
1/2 C Buttermilk
1 C Fresh Cilantro
2 cloves Garlic
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Lime Juice (I used lemon juice)
1/4 tsp Cumin

Mix in blender, and you're done!  I recommend making it ahead of time and refrigerating it, but it's great both ways!

I also just use plain rice, but you can always spice it up if you want.  I just buy normal tortillas and layer with the rice on bottom, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and that's it.  We love this at my house!

Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

kemery755 said...

Is this seriously the recipe for the green dressing they have?? We've tried to make it before, and just couldn't get it right.. I hope this one is the one I've been searching for!!!

Post a Comment